Dead End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead End

Dead End is an experimental role-playing game in which the player takes on the role of a civilian in a modern day setting, as they are thrust into a struggle for survival. This site is still under heavy construction. We appreciate your suggestions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Step 1: Your Basic Attributes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Step 1: Your Basic Attributes Empty
PostSubject: Step 1: Your Basic Attributes   Step 1: Your Basic Attributes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 am

There are four basic attributes.

Strength: Measures your physical power. Strength is usefull in lifting and throwing things, moving quickly with a load etc. Strength determines your Basic Lift, and Hit Points.

Dexterity: The measure of ones physical prowess and speed. It will effect your ability in most athletic, and fighting skills.

Intelligence: Measures your brainpower. Your secondary characteristics of Will and Perception will be based off of this number.

Health: Measures your energy and vitality. It represents your stamina, and resistance to poison, disease, radiation, etc.

These four main attributes can be abbreviated with ST, DX, IQ, and HT. This is how we will refer to them from here on out.

As human characters, a score of 10 is average, and costs no character points. However you can raise or lower your score of 10 by spending character points. Each attribute has a cost as follows.
ST: +/- 10 points per level
DX: +/- 20 points per level
IQ: +/- 20 points per level
HT: +/- 10 points per level

Here is an example: I want my character to be a big brutish mo-fo, so I want his ST to be above the average 10. I will give him a ST score of 12. It will cost me 20 character points, bringing my total character points to 30. I also decide that with all these muscles that I have that I dont need to be all that bright. I will lower my IQ to a score of 8. This will give me back 40 points!! Bringing my total character points to 70, more than I started with. See, isnt this fun?
The following is a description of how a paticular score in any given attribute relates to your character.

6 or less: Crippling
7: Poor
8 or 9: Below average
10: Average
11 or 12: Above average
13 or 14: Exceptional
15 or more: Amazing

Your GM will have a copy of your character sheet, yet it is important that each individual player keeps an accurate record of his/her attributes and remaining character points. It is encouraged that each player keeps detailed records of their character.

You should be in touch with a moderator by now, if not, email bellaslava57@gmail.com. Dont go any further until you are directed to do so by a moderator.
Back to top Go down
https://dead-end.forumotion.com

Step 1: Your Basic Attributes
Page 1 of 1