Dead End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead End

Dead End is an experimental role-playing game in which the player takes on the role of a civilian in a modern day setting, as they are thrust into a struggle for survival. This site is still under heavy construction. We appreciate your suggestions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Step 2: Your Secondary Characteristics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Step 2: Your Secondary Characteristics Empty
PostSubject: Step 2: Your Secondary Characteristics   Step 2: Your Secondary Characteristics I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:04 am

Your secondary characteristics consist of figuring out the damage you cause while thrusting and swinging, your basic lift, your hit points, will, perception, fatigue points, basic speed, dodge, and basic move.

Lets start with damage. There are two types of damage.

-Thrusting damage (abbreviated Thr) is your basic damage done by a kick or punch, or with a thrusting weapon such as a spear or rapier.

-Swinging damage (abbreviated Sw) is your basic damage done with a swinging weapon such as an axe, club, or sword.

To figure out the damage your character can cause look at the ST attribute, and consult the damage table below.

Example: If my character has a ST of 12, his Thr is 1d-1, and his Sw is 1d+2.

DAMAGE TABLE
ST Thrust Swing
61d-4 1d-3
71d-3 1d-2
8 1d-3 1d-2
9 1d-2 1d-1
10 1d-2 1d
11 1d-1 1d+1
12 1d-1 1d+2
13 1d 2d-1
14 1d 2d
15 1d+1 2d+1

Basic Lift- Abbreviated BL is the maximum weight in lbs. that you can lift over your head with one hand in one second. The amount of equipment you can carry (armor, backpacks, weapons, etc) is derived from this number. There is an encubrance table below to find your BL and what is considered a light load, medium load, heavy load, and extra heavy load, in relation to your ST attribute.

To figure out your basic lift use this equation (STxST)/5. If your basic lift is more than 10, round it to the nearest whole number. Or you can just find your ST on the chart below and find your BL.

Example: An average human with a ST of 10 has a basic lift of 20 lbs. 10x10=100. 100/5=20.

BASIC LIFT AND ENCUMRANCE TABLE (all encumrance levels in lbs.)
ST BL Light Load Medium Load Heavy Load X-Heavy Load
6 7.2 14.4 21.6 43.2 72
7 9.8 19.629.4 58.8 98
8 13 2639 78 130
9 16 32 48 96 160
10 20 40 60 120200
1124 48 72144 240
12 29 58 87 174290
13 3468 102 204 340
14 39 78 117 234 390

Hit points- Abbreviated HP, represent your bodies ability to sustain injury. By default your HP is equal to your ST. However you can spend character points for more HP at a cost of 2 points per HP, or sell your HP for the same price.

Example: My character has a ST of 10, giving him 10 HP. I decide that I want him to be a little tougher that that, I want him to have 12 HP, so I will spend 4 character points. Or if I decide that I could use some more character points I might bring my HP down to 8, thus earning 4 more character points.

Will- Is a measure of your brain power, and how well you can handle phycological stress(fear, brainwashing, torture, hypnotism, seduction, etc.) Your will is equal to your IQ, but you can raise it for a cost of 5 character points per +1 in will, or reduce it for 5 character points per -1.

Perception- Abbreviated Per, represents your general allertness. The GM will roll against your Perception to see if you hear someone coming up behind you, or if you notice someone in the shadows or not. Your perception is equal to you IQ, and can be raised for a cost of 5 character points per +1, or lowered for 5 character points per -1.

Fatigue Points- Abbreviated FP, represents your body's energy supply, and will effect your endurance during strenuous activity. FP is equal to your HT attribute, and can be raised or lowered for a cost of 3 character points.

Basic Speed- Is a measure of your reflexes. It helps determine your running speed, the chances of dodging an attack, and the order in which you act in combat. To calculate your basic speed add you HT and DX together and divide that total by 4. Do not round off, a basic speed of 5.25 is better than a basic speed of 5. Basic speed can be lowered or raised for a cost of 5 character points per 0.25.

Dodge- Ducking or sidesteping an attack. You must roll under this number with 3D6 to succefully dodge. Basic Speed + 3, dropping all fractions. So if your Basic Speed is 5.25, your Dodge is 8.

Basic Move- Your ground speed in yards per second. Your Basic Move starts out the same as your Basic Speed less any fractions. For instance a Basic Speed of 5.75 gives a Basic move of 5. You can increase or decrease your Basic Move for a cost of 5 character points per yard/second.

NOTE: Encumbrance will effect your basic move and your dodge. For each encumbrance level(light, medium, heavy, x-heavy) Your Basic Move and your Dodge will be reduced as follows.

Encubrance Level Move Dodge
None Basic Move Full Dodge
LightBasic Move x 0.8 Dodge -1
Medium Basic Move x 0.6 Dodge -2
Heavy Basic Move x 0.4 Dodge -3
X-Heavy Basic Move x 0.2 Dodge -4

Back to top Go down
https://dead-end.forumotion.com

Step 2: Your Secondary Characteristics
Page 1 of 1